Journeys are rarely faced alone.
No matter how physically isolated you are, other people are with you in spirit (unless you’ve really cut off all ties and no one knows where you are).
The ones who are with you are the ones who sent you off with a smile, curious about your next move and how you’re going to handle it. They have faith in you and can actually face the reality of your whereabouts – they ask for details about where you are in life and what it’s like rather than refusing to acknowledge that the person they know is gone.
These are our advocates, and they are the absolute game changer to any dream.
An advocate is someone…
- You respect whose eyes widened with joy when you told them you were embarking on an adventure.
- Who encourages and assures you regularly because they know you need that little boost from someone.
- Who believes you are making the right decision for yourself, regardless of what others say.
- Who puts your personal well-being before anything else, in every scenario.
- Who has attained a level of success in the same context that you wish to achieve.
- Who suggests solutions to potential problems and helps diminish reasons to be afraid.
- Who either wishes you well or begins the first leg with you.
Got any characteristics or names of advocates that you’d like to share? Comment below and shout out a few! Or share this article with an advocate you want to recognize!